About Beth ZollerI am the legal editor for the discrimination, affirmative action, harassment, retaliation, employee privacy, and employee handbooks/work rules/employee conduct content in the employee management section of XpertHR US. Prior to joining XpertHR, I practised law for more than 10 years representing employers with respect to employment discrimination and harassment claims, contractual disputes, restrictive covenant issues, family and medical leave, wage and hour disputes and a variety of other employment-related claims.
Some of the topics I cover for XpertHR include:
Sexual Harassment in the Workplace
Social Media at Work
Author archive | Beth Zoller
Beth Zoller November 17, 2017
With holiday season almost here, workplace holiday parties are also coming soon. These parties are often a good idea to encourage camaraderie among employees and managers and thank your workforce for a job well done. However, a festive and happy… continue
Beth Zoller November 1, 2017
The end of the year is a perfect time to assess what is working and what is not when it comes to employee handbooks. It is also a good idea to run a compliance check and make sure your employee… continue
Beth Zoller October 18, 2017
As the Harvey Weinstein scandal continues to unfold, it is a virtual playbook on mistakes employers can make when it comes to sexual harassment in the workplace. From offers of sex in exchange for coveted movie roles to charges of… continue
Beth Zoller October 12, 2017
As the new calendar year draws closer, employers are bound to face challenges and obstacles when it comes to complying with new federal, state and local laws, maintaining their workplaces and managing their workers. 2017 to Date HR and… continue
Beth Zoller September 14, 2017
Religious accommodation questions often present unique challenges for employers who are faced with determining whether they should bend their time off or dress code rules to accommodate an employee’s religious beliefs and practices. For example, a Muslim employee may request… continue
Beth Zoller August 23, 2017
Illinois employers should take into account that several new developments have hit the Land of Lincoln that will have a significant impact on workplace policies, practices and procedures. What’s more, it’s not just the state of Illinois that has enacted… continue
Beth Zoller August 10, 2017
An employee handbook is an important communication tool between an employer and its employees and a valuable resource for setting forth workplace standards to guide employee behavior and performance expectations. A well-written and compliant employee handbook may also be used… continue
Beth Zoller July 24, 2017
When it comes to state and municipal employment legislation, the Empire State and the Big Apple are leading the way in seeking to level the playing field between employers and employees by ensuring workers a fair wage, added leave protections… continue
Beth Zoller June 21, 2017
If things get quiet around the workplace this summer, it may be a good idea to revisit your employee handbook and check out policies that may need to be reviewed and/or revised based on recent changes in federal, state and… continue
Beth Zoller June 9, 2017
With the onset of summer, rising temperatures and longer days, employers may want to consider implementing a summer dress code as an inexpensive way to improve employee productivity and morale and make employees feel more comfortable when the heat hits.… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- Supervisor Training: Answers to Your Most Pressing Questions November 21, 2017
- Salary History Bans Continue as Big 2017 Employment Trend November 20, 2017
- Minimizing Employers’ Holiday Party Risks: Don’t Be Left Out in the Cold November 17, 2017
- 5 Ways to Lose the Employment At-Will Relationship November 14, 2017
- Hurricane Horrors Highlight Importance of Employer Preparedness November 9, 2017
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment and good point!...
- grannybunny: It's important to note that "undue hardship" in...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Lou. We appreciate your we...
- Lou charles: "For the group to qualify as a hate or extremist ...
- Ed Burch: Sounds like a snowflake tantrum to me. For years w...
absence management background checks ban the box business practices contingency planning discrimination diversity EEOC employee attitudes employee benefits employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs mergers and acquisitions minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave performance management reasonable accommodations recruiting religious accommodation retaliation safety sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting termination of employment wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence