When it comes to state and municipal employment legislation, the Empire State and the Big Apple are leading the way in seeking to level the playing field between employers and employees by ensuring workers a fair wage, added leave protections… continue
About Beth ZollerI am the legal editor for the discrimination, affirmative action, harassment, retaliation, employee privacy, and employee handbooks/work rules/employee conduct content in the employee management section of XpertHR US. Prior to joining XpertHR, I practised law for more than 10 years representing employers with respect to employment discrimination and harassment claims, contractual disputes, restrictive covenant issues, family and medical leave, wage and hour disputes and a variety of other employment-related claims.
Some of the topics I cover for XpertHR include:
Sexual Harassment in the Workplace
Social Media at Work
Author archive | Beth Zoller
If things get quiet around the workplace this summer, it may be a good idea to revisit your employee handbook and check out policies that may need to be reviewed and/or revised based on recent changes in federal, state and… continue
With the onset of summer, rising temperatures and longer days, employers may want to consider implementing a summer dress code as an inexpensive way to improve employee productivity and morale and make employees feel more comfortable when the heat hits.… continue
There is glaring evidence that the gender wage gap persists, and that women still lag behind their male counterparts when it comes to workplace compensation.
Despite the fact that women are more likely to graduate college than men, and approximately … continue
Drive down seemingly any major street in suburbia, and you are bound to see a McDonald’s, Dunkin Donuts, Subway or 7- Eleven. Franchises are everywhere and a business model for an employer seeking to have the independence of a small… continue
Managing a pregnant employee can be one of the most challenging aspects of employee management for employers and HR. While it is generally well known that it is unlawful to discriminate against a worker based on pregnancy, childbirth or related… continue
On March 8, 2017, International Women’s Day, women all over the US donned red to celebrate “A Day Without Women” and highlight the economic power and significance that women have in the US and global economies and also call attention… continue
Sexual harassment claims remain all too common on the evening news and in courts across the nation. From recent allegations against on-demand driving giant Uber to jewelry stores Kay and Jared, the stories are hard to miss.
Despite the fact… continue
With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, and love in the air, it is a good time for employers to revisit the issue of workplace romance. Whether employers like it or not, romance can and will bloom at work and… continue
A recent worldwide study shows that workplace bullying can have a detrimental effect on not only the victim, but the entire workplace by creating a toxic work environment that negatively impacts the company’s bottom line.
What’s more, supervisors and managers… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- New York Employment Law Changes Expand Worker Rights and Employer Obligations July 24, 2017
- Predictive Analytics in HR: Part One – Beware the Risks! July 20, 2017
- 3 Things to Know When Your Boss Says…. Show Me the Money! July 18, 2017
- 6 Dos and Don’ts for Avoiding Social Media Minefields When Recruiting July 17, 2017
- 5 CEO Ethics Firings and How HR Can Help Prevent Them July 11, 2017
- Robert Sanchez: Gambling in sports is legal in many developed coun...
- angela alma: #david your discussion is appreciated, managing em...
- Alicia Smith: Hi Henry, Thanks for your kind comments about m...
- David Weisenfeld: We use WordPress. Thanks for your interest....
- Henry @ ISL: Hi Alicia, hugely entertaining blog post. One qui...