Archive | Business Leadership & Strategy RSS feed for this section
Linda Pophal December 4, 2017
HR professionals have been hearing for years about the importance of gaining financial acumen to serve most effectively in a strategic role and, ultimately, rise to higher ranks within the organization. Finance remains an important skill, but there’s another skill… continue
Michael Jacobson November 30, 2017
Blockchain is a virtual network of data that operates by authenticating transactions and storing a permanent public record. At some point in the not too distant future, “Blockchain” technology will revolutionize how we do business. That isn’t so much a… continue
Melissa Gonzalez Boyce November 9, 2017
As Hurricanes Harvey, Irma and Maria have demonstrated, hurricanes and other natural disasters can devastate people’s homes and livelihoods. However, while there is no way to prevent the unpredictable assault of these storms, technological advances and education now allow us… continue
Marta Moakley November 7, 2017
A cursory online search of supervisor training resources provides an astounding array of recommended options. Choices include: Sexual harassment prevention in the workplace; Retaliation protections and whistleblowing; Discrimination protections; Conflict resolution; Roles and responsibilities training for new supervisors; Privacy; Safety;… continue
Michael Jacobson October 31, 2017
If early fall is hiring season, then mid-to-late fall is temporary hiring season. In fact, when those Halloween decorations come down and holiday decorations go up, assume companies are planning for their temporary winter workforce. For example, Amazon is hiring… continue
Melissa Gonzalez Boyce October 2, 2017
The recent data breach at Equifax affecting 143 million Americans not only grabbed national headlines but also the attention of many employers. The alarming amount of personal information that was compromised over the several-month period highlighted just how vulnerable employers… continue
Michael Jacobson September 28, 2017
Autumn is upon us. The season of change. The air is getting colder (well, it will at some point), days are getting shorter, rakes and leaf blowers emerge from their summer slumber and football dominates the American Zeitgeist, both… continue
Rena Pirsos September 26, 2017
Almost the entire US federal tax system hinges on one little form – Form W-2, Wage and Tax Statement. As an employee, I take for granted that my employer will correctly complete my W-2, get my copy to me on… continue
Linda Pophal September 25, 2017
Recent controversies ranging around everything from Confederate statues to transgender restrooms and health insurance coverage for birth control all have the potential to suddenly create chaos for an organization—internally and externally. Even when brands decide to “stay out of” a… continue
Michael Jacobson August 30, 2017
Have you ever wondered how “unemployment” can be so low (4.3% nationally), but yet there seem to be so many complaints from people not being able to find jobs and from CEOs complaining that their companies can’t find enough candidates?… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- The Top 15 HR Compliance Issues of 2018 – Are You Ready? December 7, 2017
- Podcast Explores How Generation Z Is Changing the Workforce December 5, 2017
- Beyond Finance: Why Technology is The New “Must Have” Skill for HR Professionals December 4, 2017
- HR Intel: What is the HR “Link” to Blockchain Technology? November 30, 2017
- Holiday Season Brings Wage and Hour Challenges November 29, 2017
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment and good point!...
- grannybunny: It's important to note that "undue hardship" in...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Lou. We appreciate your we...
- Lou charles: "For the group to qualify as a hate or extremist ...
- Ed Burch: Sounds like a snowflake tantrum to me. For years w...
absence management ACA background checks ban the box business practices contingency planning discrimination diversity EEOC employee attitudes employee benefits employee classification employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs mergers and acquisitions minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave performance management reasonable accommodations recruiting religious accommodation retaliation sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence