Archive | Business Leadership & Strategy RSS feed for this section
Marta Moakley February 13, 2018
2018 seems to be the year in which HR gets serious about blockchain applications in the workplace. In fact, four of the first five emails I opened today had some mention of blockchain, including a range of communications from tech… continue
Linda Pophal February 5, 2018
How do we get our employees engaged so they help achieve the goals and objectives in our strategic plan? It’s a common management conundrum, not just for HR leaders, but for others as well. After all, when employees aren’t engaged… continue
Robert Teachout January 26, 2018
The monetary value of the top workplace class action settlements rose dramatically in 2017, according to an annual report by Seyfarth Shaw that tracks and analyzes class action litigation data. The report, issued January 10, reviewed significant class action rulings… continue
Michael Jacobson December 27, 2017
There’s an amazing Dilbert cartoon that goes like this. Dilbert is in a conference room and his boss (“Pointy-haired Boss”) says: “We need more of what the management experts call ‘employee engagement.’ I don’t know the details, but it has… continue
Robert Teachout December 22, 2017
Every New Year’s Day, people around the world make resolutions to improve themselves in the upcoming year. Making resolutions is a good idea for employers, too! One area of improvement that always benefits an organization is employee engagement, since year… continue
Linda Pophal December 4, 2017
HR professionals have been hearing for years about the importance of gaining financial acumen to serve most effectively in a strategic role and, ultimately, rise to higher ranks within the organization. Finance remains an important skill, but there’s another skill… continue
Michael Jacobson November 30, 2017
Blockchain is a virtual network of data that operates by authenticating transactions and storing a permanent public record. At some point in the not too distant future, “Blockchain” technology will revolutionize how we do business. That isn’t so much a… continue
Melissa Gonzalez Boyce November 9, 2017
As Hurricanes Harvey, Irma and Maria have demonstrated, hurricanes and other natural disasters can devastate people’s homes and livelihoods. However, while there is no way to prevent the unpredictable assault of these storms, technological advances and education now allow us… continue
Marta Moakley November 7, 2017
A cursory online search of supervisor training resources provides an astounding array of recommended options. Choices include: Sexual harassment prevention in the workplace; Retaliation protections and whistleblowing; Discrimination protections; Conflict resolution; Roles and responsibilities training for new supervisors; Privacy; Safety;… continue
Michael Jacobson October 31, 2017
If early fall is hiring season, then mid-to-late fall is temporary hiring season. In fact, when those Halloween decorations come down and holiday decorations go up, assume companies are planning for their temporary winter workforce. For example, Amazon is hiring… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- Protecting the Workplace from the Flu Outbreak of 2018 February 20, 2018
- HR Intel: Sexual Harassment 2.0 – Now Comes the Harder Part February 15, 2018
- Workplace Romance and Top Employer Mistakes in the #Metoo Era February 14, 2018
- Why International Payroll, Learning and Development, and the Gig Economy Heart Blockchain February 13, 2018
- Minimum Salaries for White-Collar Employees: Will States Pick Up Where US Labor Department Left Off? February 7, 2018
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
- Keyrah: I am curious how some of these laws will be enforc...
- Frank: Just cancel the holidays. That's what it's comin...
absence management ACA background checks ban the box business practices contingency planning discrimination diversity EEOC employee benefits employee classification employee communications employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs mergers and acquisitions minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave performance management reasonable accommodations recruiting religious accommodation retaliation sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence