Archive | Business Leadership & Strategy RSS feed for this section
Melissa Gonzalez Boyce October 2, 2017
The recent data breach at Equifax affecting 143 million Americans not only grabbed national headlines but also the attention of many employers. The alarming amount of personal information that was compromised over the several-month period highlighted just how vulnerable employers… continue
Michael Jacobson September 28, 2017
Autumn is upon us. The season of change. The air is getting colder (well, it will at some point), days are getting shorter, rakes and leaf blowers emerge from their summer slumber and football dominates the American Zeitgeist, both… continue
Rena Pirsos September 26, 2017
Almost the entire US federal tax system hinges on one little form – Form W-2, Wage and Tax Statement. As an employee, I take for granted that my employer will correctly complete my W-2, get my copy to me on… continue
Linda Pophal September 25, 2017
Recent controversies ranging around everything from Confederate statues to transgender restrooms and health insurance coverage for birth control all have the potential to suddenly create chaos for an organization—internally and externally. Even when brands decide to “stay out of” a… continue
Michael Jacobson August 30, 2017
Have you ever wondered how “unemployment” can be so low (4.3% nationally), but yet there seem to be so many complaints from people not being able to find jobs and from CEOs complaining that their companies can’t find enough candidates?… continue
Michael Jacobson July 26, 2017
Beyond the obvious solutions to your retention problems (pay your employees more money!), it’s good to dig a little deeper into the underlying or not so obvious causes of attrition. This is a common concern for HR, in part due… continue
Peggy Carter-Ward July 20, 2017
Predictive Analytics. It’s the Holy Grail for the future success of HR. Oh, to be able to successfully, consistently and efficiently hire the best candidates for the right jobs! To retain top talent! To be able to identify who the… continue
Tracy Morley July 18, 2017
The film Jerry Maguire made the phrase ‘Show Me the Money’ famous. This phrase appealed to the business world in particular, and over 20 years later is still used by individuals who control the purse strings when they want to… continue
Robert Teachout July 11, 2017
Does it seem that there have been more news stories recently about CEOs being fired for scandals and ethics violations? That’s because it’s true! A recent study by Success&, a part of the PwC network, found that dismissals of CEOs… continue
Linda Pophal July 6, 2017
HR professionals are well aware of exhortations for them to “be more strategic.” You can hardly pick up a trade publication these days without at least one reference to HR’s need to become a better strategic partner in organizations of… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- 4 Practical Tips for Minimizing the Risks of Contingent Labor October 20, 2017
- Harvey Weinstein and Top Sexual Harassment Mistakes Employers Make October 18, 2017
- How HR Challenges Will Change and Transform from 2017 to 2018 October 12, 2017
- 5 Ways to Cultivate Employee Development to its Greatest Potential October 11, 2017
- 10 Employment Lessons From the Land Down Under October 9, 2017
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment and good point!...
- grannybunny: It's important to note that "undue hardship" in...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Lou. We appreciate your we...
- Lou charles: "For the group to qualify as a hate or extremist ...
- Ed Burch: Sounds like a snowflake tantrum to me. For years w...
absence management ADA background checks ban the box business practices contingency planning discrimination diversity EEOC employee attitudes employee benefits employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs mergers and acquisitions minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave performance management reasonable accommodations recruiting religious accommodation retaliation safety sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting termination of employment wage and hour workplace violence