About Rena Pirsos
I am the legal editor for the payroll section of XpertHR US. I have a law degree and more than 25 years of experience as a writer and editor of tax and business publications for an audience of both legal and non-legal professionals.
Prior to joining XpertHR, I was Managing Editor, Payroll Information Resources, for the American Payroll Association. I have also worked at other well-known legal publishing companies, including CCH, WGL/Thompson Professional Publishing and Prentice Hall/Simon and Schuster.
Some of the topics I cover at XpertHR include:
Taxation of Employee Benefits
Taxation of Employee Compensation
Depositing and Reporting Withheld Taxes
Payment of Wages
Unemployment Insurance Tax (FUTA/SUTA)
International Payroll Issues
Author archive | Rena Pirsos
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- Top 3 Holiday and Year-End Gift-Giving Tips for Employers December 12, 2017
- The Top 15 HR Compliance Issues of 2018 – Are You Ready? December 7, 2017
- Podcast Explores How Generation Z Is Changing the Workforce December 5, 2017
- Beyond Finance: Why Technology is The New “Must Have” Skill for HR Professionals December 4, 2017
- HR Intel: What is the HR “Link” to Blockchain Technology? November 30, 2017
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment and good point!...
- grannybunny: It's important to note that "undue hardship" in...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Lou. We appreciate your we...
- Lou charles: "For the group to qualify as a hate or extremist ...
- Ed Burch: Sounds like a snowflake tantrum to me. For years w...