Every now and then a news story pops up illustrating the importance of aligning corporate, HR and PR strategies. These stories are often largely negative, painting companies in a bad light while we play Monday morning quarterback. The blood and… continue
Tag Archives | ACA
Much of the employment-related commentary and guidance around what to expect from the Trump Administration can be summed up as follows: wait and see. I’ve been guilty of it myself with HR Intel, harping on the uncertainty that this transition… continue
What are the key compliance issues facing employers in 2017? And what are the implications of a new unified Republican government in Washington DC?
With federal, state and local laws and agency actions in flux, employers need to be on… continue
The winter of 1978-79 – famously known as the Winter of Discontent – was an extremely cold one in the United Kingdom, and it wasn’t only because of the weather.
Tremendous tension between the Labour Party government and public sector… continue
With President-elect Donald Trump set to take office in little over a month, employers are almost certain to face a much different regulatory climate.
While Walter White, of Breaking Bad fame, may not be taking the helm of the DEA… continue
My family loves that I have an HR background. Over the years I’ve helped with such things as preparing for job interviews, salary negotiations and helping to understand their benefit plans, so it came as no surprise when one of… continue
With the holiday season well underway, here are six items we think should be on every HR department’s to-do list for the new year.
1. Update Your Workplace Policies and Employee Handbooks
There have been a lot of developments at… continue
The Affordable Care Act (ACA), more commonly—and sometimes dismissively—referred to as “Obamacare” has had a significant impact on organizations and employees around the nation.
As John Greenbaum, senior vice president for Risk Strategies Company says, “A combination of several years… continue
This week marks the start of the Supreme Court’s new term. It’s been little more than three months since the Court ended its last term by legalizing same-sex marriage and rebuffing the latest challenge to the Affordable Care Act.
Beginning in 2016, many employers will have to comply with the annual health care reporting requirements under the Affordable Care Act (ACA). The reporting requirements promote transparency regarding health plan coverage and costs. They also provide the IRS with the… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- Mid-Year Employee Handbook Checkup: Get Ready for 2018 June 21, 2017
- Employer Drug Testing in the Age of Legalization June 19, 2017
- Making the Business Case for a Workplace Flexibility Program June 12, 2017
- The Heat Is On – Summer Dress Code Do’s and Don’ts June 9, 2017
- School’s Out, Beaches are Open – Why Aren’t Workers Taking Vacation? June 8, 2017
- Robert Sanchez: Gambling in sports is legal in many developed coun...
- angela alma: #david your discussion is appreciated, managing em...
- Alicia Smith: Hi Henry, Thanks for your kind comments about m...
- David Weisenfeld: We use WordPress. Thanks for your interest....
- Henry @ ISL: Hi Alicia, hugely entertaining blog post. One qui...