Tag Archives | background checks
Michael Jacobson November 30, 2017
Blockchain is a virtual network of data that operates by authenticating transactions and storing a permanent public record. At some point in the not too distant future, “Blockchain” technology will revolutionize how we do business. That isn’t so much a… continue
Melissa Silver October 9, 2017
Besides being famous actors, what else do Nicole Kidman, Hugh Jackman and Chris Hemsworth all have in common? They all have roots in Australia. While employers may want to track the next movie these actors are starring in, it’s even… continue
Linda Pophal February 28, 2017
Fake news is on everyone’s minds these days to say the least. Susan Meisinger recently addressed the issue of HR and fake news in her Human Resource Executive column, focusing on some commonly—and widely—held beliefs about HR practice that simply… continue
David Weisenfeld February 22, 2017
No employer wants to be on the evening news for a workplace violence incident or other criminal conduct that it may have avoided by more thoroughly vetting job candidates. But an increasing number of states and big cities are placing… continue
Michael Jacobson February 8, 2017
Every now and then a news story pops up illustrating the importance of aligning corporate, HR and PR strategies. These stories are often largely negative, painting companies in a bad light while we play Monday morning quarterback. The blood and… continue
Beth Zoller October 27, 2016
In this age of digital information with smartphones, smartwatches and cloud computing, data breaches have become all too common. These breaches create serious risk for employers and employees alike, not to mention customers, who may lose valuable information and suffer… continue
David Weisenfeld December 17, 2015
More than 90 percent of employers use background checks to screen job applicants at some point in the hiring process. But a new trend is placing limits on when many employers can seek criminal history information. Banning the Box The… continue
Michael Jacobson September 1, 2015
A roundup of workplace trends and legal developments to keep HR ahead of the curve The National Labor Relations Board is at it again and this time, it may just have rocked the entire business world. On August 27, the… continue
David Weisenfeld August 31, 2015
Are there any reasons why an employer would not talk about disruptive workplace behavior as part of a reference check? A reporter asked me that question in the wake of the Virginia shooting deaths of reporter Alison Parker and cameraman… continue
David Weisenfeld August 15, 2014
More than 90% of employers conduct background checks on job applicants at some point in the hiring process. A failure to do so today could lead to a negligent hiring lawsuit tomorrow. But employers that fail to pay attention to… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- The Top 15 HR Compliance Issues of 2018 – Are You Ready? December 7, 2017
- Podcast Explores How Generation Z Is Changing the Workforce December 5, 2017
- Beyond Finance: Why Technology is The New “Must Have” Skill for HR Professionals December 4, 2017
- HR Intel: What is the HR “Link” to Blockchain Technology? November 30, 2017
- Holiday Season Brings Wage and Hour Challenges November 29, 2017
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment and good point!...
- grannybunny: It's important to note that "undue hardship" in...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Lou. We appreciate your we...
- Lou charles: "For the group to qualify as a hate or extremist ...
- Ed Burch: Sounds like a snowflake tantrum to me. For years w...
absence management ACA background checks ban the box business practices contingency planning discrimination diversity EEOC employee attitudes employee benefits employee classification employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs mergers and acquisitions minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave performance management reasonable accommodations recruiting religious accommodation retaliation sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence