It never ceases to amaze how something an employee would never say at the office watercooler can pop up on Facebook or Twitter without the slightest hesitation. A pair of social media posts from employees on disparate ends of the… continue
Tag Archives | FLSA
2016 proved to be a momentous year for the minimum wage, as seven states and 18 localities passed new laws and ordinances establishing or increasing minimum wages.
What does 2017 hold in store?
Although the movement to raise the minimum… continue
Much of the employment-related commentary and guidance around what to expect from the Trump Administration can be summed up as follows: wait and see. I’ve been guilty of it myself with HR Intel, harping on the uncertainty that this transition… continue
The winter of 1978-79 – famously known as the Winter of Discontent – was an extremely cold one in the United Kingdom, and it wasn’t only because of the weather.
Tremendous tension between the Labour Party government and public sector… continue
Barring a last-minute legislative change or court injunction, we’re now just a month away from when the new Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) overtime rules take effect on December 1.
Hopefully, you and your company have already taken steps to… continue
As if high turnover rates, seasonal demand and supply chain management weren’t difficult enough, retail employers face a variety of compliance challenges that are unique to their industry.
Some states and municipalities have enacted requirements that apply specifically — and… continue
The US Supreme Court’s recently concluded term took a turn few could have anticipated with the February death of Justice Antonin Scalia. While the term had its usual array of cases affecting employers, Justice Scalia’s absence unquestionably altered the result… continue
A regular round up of news, legal trends and workplace developments to help keep HR ahead of the curve
By now you’ve undoubtedly heard about monumental changes to the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) taking effect in December 2016, but… continue
A regular round up of news, legal trends and workplace developments to help keep HR ahead of the curve.
The job market is stuck in a rut and it’s not because of people clamoring for jobs. In fact, it’s the… continue
Upcoming increases in state and local minimum wages will limit the range of responses employers will have available to comply with the new Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) overtime rules.
As the US Department of Labor has noted, an employer… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- Predictive Analytics in HR: Part One – Beware the Risks! July 20, 2017
- 3 Things to Know When Your Boss Says…. Show Me the Money! July 18, 2017
- 6 Dos and Don’ts for Avoiding Social Media Minefields When Recruiting July 17, 2017
- 5 CEO Ethics Firings and How HR Can Help Prevent Them July 11, 2017
- Being Strategic: What It Really Means for HR July 6, 2017
- Robert Sanchez: Gambling in sports is legal in many developed coun...
- angela alma: #david your discussion is appreciated, managing em...
- Alicia Smith: Hi Henry, Thanks for your kind comments about m...
- David Weisenfeld: We use WordPress. Thanks for your interest....
- Henry @ ISL: Hi Alicia, hugely entertaining blog post. One qui...