Tag Archives | FLSA
David Weisenfeld March 29, 2017
It never ceases to amaze how something an employee would never say at the office watercooler can pop up on Facebook or Twitter without the slightest hesitation. A pair of social media posts from employees on disparate ends of the… continue
Michael Cardman February 27, 2017
2016 proved to be a momentous year for the minimum wage, as seven states and 18 localities passed new laws and ordinances establishing or increasing minimum wages. What does 2017 hold in store? Although the movement to raise the minimum… continue
Michael Jacobson January 25, 2017
Much of the employment-related commentary and guidance around what to expect from the Trump Administration can be summed up as follows: wait and see. I’ve been guilty of it myself with HR Intel, harping on the uncertainty that this transition… continue
Michael Jacobson December 23, 2016
The winter of 1978-79 – famously known as the Winter of Discontent – was an extremely cold one in the United Kingdom, and it wasn’t only because of the weather. Tremendous tension between the Labour Party government and public sector… continue
Michael Cardman October 31, 2016
Barring a last-minute legislative change or court injunction, we’re now just a month away from when the new Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) overtime rules take effect on December 1. Hopefully, you and your company have already taken steps to… continue
Michael Cardman October 24, 2016
As if high turnover rates, seasonal demand and supply chain management weren’t difficult enough, retail employers face a variety of compliance challenges that are unique to their industry. Some states and municipalities have enacted requirements that apply specifically — and… continue
David Weisenfeld July 19, 2016
The US Supreme Court’s recently concluded term took a turn few could have anticipated with the February death of Justice Antonin Scalia. While the term had its usual array of cases affecting employers, Justice Scalia’s absence unquestionably altered the result… continue
Michael Jacobson June 29, 2016
A regular round up of news, legal trends and workplace developments to help keep HR ahead of the curve By now you’ve undoubtedly heard about monumental changes to the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) taking effect in December 2016, but… continue
Michael Jacobson June 15, 2016
A regular round up of news, legal trends and workplace developments to help keep HR ahead of the curve. The job market is stuck in a rut and it’s not because of people clamoring for jobs. In fact, it’s the… continue
Michael Cardman May 23, 2016
Upcoming increases in state and local minimum wages will limit the range of responses employers will have available to comply with the new Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) overtime rules. As the US Department of Labor has noted, an employer… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- Supervisor Training: Answers to Your Most Pressing Questions November 21, 2017
- Salary History Bans Continue as Big 2017 Employment Trend November 20, 2017
- Minimizing Employers’ Holiday Party Risks: Don’t Be Left Out in the Cold November 17, 2017
- 5 Ways to Lose the Employment At-Will Relationship November 14, 2017
- Hurricane Horrors Highlight Importance of Employer Preparedness November 9, 2017
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment and good point!...
- grannybunny: It's important to note that "undue hardship" in...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Lou. We appreciate your we...
- Lou charles: "For the group to qualify as a hate or extremist ...
- Ed Burch: Sounds like a snowflake tantrum to me. For years w...
absence management background checks ban the box business practices contingency planning discrimination diversity EEOC employee attitudes employee benefits employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs mergers and acquisitions minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave performance management reasonable accommodations recruiting religious accommodation retaliation safety sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting termination of employment wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence