Much of the employment-related commentary and guidance around what to expect from the Trump Administration can be summed up as follows: wait and see. I’ve been guilty of it myself with HR Intel, harping on the uncertainty that this transition… continue
Tag Archives | FMLA
When Deloitte, the national auditing, tax and consulting firm, recently announced its new paid family leave policy, HR professionals took notice.
Deloitte’s new policy drew attention because it not only gives up to 16 weeks of fully-paid family leave to… continue
It is that time of year. School buses are gleaming, pencils are sharpened and children everywhere are eager to charge back through the schoolhouse doors.
Well, maybe not quite.
If your house is like mine, the pencils are those worn… continue
As Apple continues its slugfest with the federal government over access to the San Bernardino shooter’s iPhone (the Department of Justice now wants Apple to decrypt 12 additional iPhones for unrelated, non-terror-related crimes), employers and HR professionals should closely monitor… continue
A roundup of workplace developments and legal trends to help keep HR ahead of the curve
For employees, the fight for wages is personal. Yesterday, thousands of fast food workers went on strike around the country, primarily seeking $15 minimum… continue
As Veterans Day quickly approaches, we should all be reminded of the honor, commitment and sacrifice of those serving, and those who have served in the military. Military veterans are often talented workers with strong work ethics who can bring… continue
An employee handbook can be a critical tool not only in setting forth the company’s values and culture, but in helping an employer stay out of court. In a recent XpertHR webinar, Littler Mendelson employment attorneys Christopher Cobey and Marissa… continue
The paid sick leave revolution is upon us! From 2014 to 2015, the number of paid sick leave laws in the US more than doubled. As of today, four states and more than 20 municipalities have created their own paid… continue
A recent 6th Circuit Court of Appeals case provides employers with important lessons when it comes to employee handbook policies, in particular their family and medical leave policy. Employees are eligible for leave under the federal Family and Medical Leave… continue
As we say hello to 2015, a number of new leave laws may have a significant impact on employee handbooks. If you have not updated your handbook in the past year or two, chances are it is not compliant with… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- Leadership Competencies: Case Studies of US Presidents February 17, 2017
- New French Law Seeks Work-Life Balance: Would US Ever Follow Suit? February 13, 2017
- HR Intel: Don’t Let #deleteuber Happen to Your Company February 8, 2017
- 3 Ways to Use Digital Platforms for Recruiting February 6, 2017
- Romance Heating Up the Workplace? Answers to Employers’ Burning Questions February 3, 2017
- Alicia Smith: Hi Henry, Thanks for your kind comments about m...
- David Weisenfeld: We use WordPress. Thanks for your interest....
- Henry @ ISL: Hi Alicia, hugely entertaining blog post. One qui...
- Jack: Hello would you mind sharing which blog platform y...
- Linda Pophal: You raise important points. I think the pace of ch...