Workplace flexibility has been taking a hit recently. After many years of advocating for flexible workplaces, some of the early champions of the practice are changing their tune. IBM has begun favoring a more collaborative, in-office approach, although the tech… continue
Tag Archives | HR strategy
1984…. the year, not the novel, was pretty impressive. OK, the novel was also impressive, and according to a recent New York Times article, is making a comeback. But let’s focus on some of the events that happened during 1984….… continue
Just two days provided a fascinating view into the rapid pace of change in managing HR and employee activities, and the people and services striving to keep up with the dramatic transformations in the workplace. Attending #HCMWorld 2017, April 11-13,… continue
Mega HR Trends for 2017 and Beyond – Perspectives on the Future of the Workplace from #SHRM16: Businessification
Second in a Series
In the first blog of this series on Mega HR Trends in 2017 and Beyond – Perspectives on the Future of the Workplace from #SHRM16, mega HR trend #1 was the power of connecting.
In this… continue
For most of us, the business world is one of ideas, proposals and pitches. Regardless of our authority level there comes a time when we must present proposals to others. Doing this well can boost the odds of generating approval.… continue
For HR teams, establishing a strategic foothold in an organization takes time. It’s the result of a comprehensive, concentrated plan that features an array of tactics and processes designed to prove the strategic value of the HR department—and it doesn’t… continue
Human resources professionals often lament their ability to get a “seat at the table,” and, arguably, are not often touted for their strategic focus. There’s one key area, though, where the function can have a significant bottom-line impact on the… continue
A round up of workplace developments and legal trends to help keep HR ahead of the curve
As a frenzied 2015 winds to a close, we should take stock of what the year meant for the HR community. It was… continue
US HR professionals play a prominent and crucial role in preparing for organizational restructures like a merger or acquisition. If a restructure is like uncharted waters to an explorer, then HR and its Transition Team are the captains of the… continue
I appeared on everyone’s favorite HR talk show this afternoon, @DriveThruHR with Bryan Wempen (@bryanwempen) and William Tincup (@williamtincup) to discuss all things termination in 2013.
Listen to the taping here: Mike Jacobson at Lunch with Drive Thru HR.
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- Minimum Wage Hikes Headline Flurry of July 1 Compliance Dates June 26, 2017
- Mid-Year Employee Handbook Checkup: Get Ready for 2018 June 21, 2017
- Employer Drug Testing in the Age of Legalization June 19, 2017
- Making the Business Case for a Workplace Flexibility Program June 12, 2017
- The Heat Is On – Summer Dress Code Do’s and Don’ts June 9, 2017
- Robert Sanchez: Gambling in sports is legal in many developed coun...
- angela alma: #david your discussion is appreciated, managing em...
- Alicia Smith: Hi Henry, Thanks for your kind comments about m...
- David Weisenfeld: We use WordPress. Thanks for your interest....
- Henry @ ISL: Hi Alicia, hugely entertaining blog post. One qui...