Tag Archives | independent contractor
Michael Jacobson June 1, 2016
A regular round up of news, legal trends and workplace developments to help keep HR ahead of the curve. Is Uber’s recognition of the Independent Driver’s Guild (IDG) in New York a step in the right direction or an evil… continue
Michael Jacobson May 4, 2016
A round up of workplace developments and legal trends to help keep HR ahead of the curve With the public release of the new Department of Labor rule regarding employee classification and overtime around the corner, there is a lot… continue
Michael Cardman February 2, 2016
Remember Goofus and Gallant from Highlights for Children magazine? Gallant was always doing the right thing, putting his toys away and playing nice with others, while Goofus did the opposite. The idea was that you can learn a lot from… continue
Michael Jacobson September 30, 2015
A roundup of workplace trends and legal developments to keep HR ahead of the curve Mega-contractor Haliburton will pay dearly for FLSA missteps, to the tune of over $18.3 million. In what the DOL said was one of the “largest… continue
Michael Jacobson September 15, 2015
A roundup of workplace trends and legal developments to keep HR ahead of the curve President Obama leveraged the US Labor Day holiday to launch a new paid sick leave initiative for employees of federal contractors, aiming to cover some… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- HR Intel: Sexual Harassment 2.0 – Now Comes the Harder Part February 15, 2018
- Workplace Romance and Top Employer Mistakes in the #Metoo Era February 14, 2018
- Why International Payroll, Learning and Development, and the Gig Economy Heart Blockchain February 13, 2018
- Minimum Salaries for White-Collar Employees: Will States Pick Up Where US Labor Department Left Off? February 7, 2018
- Engage Your Staff in Developing Your Strategic Plan February 5, 2018
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
- Keyrah: I am curious how some of these laws will be enforc...
- Frank: Just cancel the holidays. That's what it's comin...
absence management ACA background checks ban the box business practices contingency planning discrimination diversity EEOC employee benefits employee classification employee communications employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs mergers and acquisitions minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave performance management reasonable accommodations recruiting religious accommodation retaliation sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence