Much of the employment-related commentary and guidance around what to expect from the Trump Administration can be summed up as follows: wait and see. I’ve been guilty of it myself with HR Intel, harping on the uncertainty that this transition… continue
Tag Archives | minimum wage
Deregulation may be in the air at the federal level, but that’s certainly not the case in many states. As the calendar turned to 2017, a host of new state employment laws took effect which go well beyond federal requirements.… continue
As the future of the US continues to take shape, daily developments tend to raise more questions than they answer. Historically, economists say that uncertainty is bad for the economy, but uber-successful investors like Warren Buffett say that fear and… continue
How ironic is it that the campaign slogan which helped propel Bill Clinton to the presidency in 1992 is now being cited as the reason his wife, Hillary Clinton, lost the election 24 years later? As they say, history often… continue
A series of sexual harassment complaints against McDonald’s in the past month has laid the groundwork for a potential new joint employer battle for the purveyor of patties.
Fifteen unique charges have been filed with the EEOC in the last… continue
Running a business and managing employees can be extremely challenging – especially when an employer and HR need to comply with federal, state and municipal requirements.
An employer must stay on track and manage the unique interplay of a myriad… continue
A regular round up of news, legal trends and workplace developments to help keep HR ahead of the curve
Summer is a great time to be outside, but that also means there’s more… continue
As we approach the mid-point of the year, new requirements are taking effect in many states across the nation. What’s in store for the states where your business operates? See below for a selection of some of the most significant… continue
A regular round up of news, legal trends and workplace developments to help keep HR ahead of the curve.
Is Uber’s recognition of the Independent Driver’s Guild (IDG) in New York a step in the right direction or an evil… continue
Upcoming increases in state and local minimum wages will limit the range of responses employers will have available to comply with the new Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) overtime rules.
As the US Department of Labor has noted, an employer… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- Leadership Competencies: Case Studies of US Presidents February 17, 2017
- New French Law Seeks Work-Life Balance: Would US Ever Follow Suit? February 13, 2017
- HR Intel: Don’t Let #deleteuber Happen to Your Company February 8, 2017
- 3 Ways to Use Digital Platforms for Recruiting February 6, 2017
- Romance Heating Up the Workplace? Answers to Employers’ Burning Questions February 3, 2017
- Alicia Smith: Hi Henry, Thanks for your kind comments about m...
- David Weisenfeld: We use WordPress. Thanks for your interest....
- Henry @ ISL: Hi Alicia, hugely entertaining blog post. One qui...
- Jack: Hello would you mind sharing which blog platform y...
- Linda Pophal: You raise important points. I think the pace of ch...