Tag Archives | recruiting
Robert Teachout November 27, 2017
Imagine this. Your company needs a person with a specific skill set and you have to make the hiring decision. The person that you hire will be critical in helping put the organization on firm footing and a path for… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer July 17, 2017
Do you immediately look on social media for more information on someone you just met? If you answered yes, then you’re not alone. This is a common practice for a lot of people, and many employers are jumping on the… continue
David Weisenfeld March 3, 2017
Managers generally hire people they like who do not threaten them, notes talent management expert Josh Bersin, of Bersin by Deloitte. But the person who might be the most fun to have a beer with at the office holiday party… continue
Linda Pophal November 28, 2016
The human resource function has long been considered to be somewhat “soft” in terms of being able to apply hard data to prove the value of recruitment and retention activities. From the standpoint of HR pros, they simply “know” that… continue
Michael Jacobson August 10, 2016
A regular round up of news, legal trends and workplace developments to help keep HR ahead of the curve Any time there’s a technological revolution, there are winners and losers. About this, historical precedent is clear. After all, elevator operators,… continue
Michael Jacobson June 15, 2016
A regular round up of news, legal trends and workplace developments to help keep HR ahead of the curve. The job market is stuck in a rut and it’s not because of people clamoring for jobs. In fact, it’s the… continue
Michael Jacobson May 4, 2016
A round up of workplace developments and legal trends to help keep HR ahead of the curve With the public release of the new Department of Labor rule regarding employee classification and overtime around the corner, there is a lot… continue
Marta Moakley April 18, 2016
All work and no play can make anyone dull, as the saying goes – but can playing games at work make a job candidate more interesting? Leading recruiters say yes. While certain industries have invested in simulators for years as… continue
Michael Jacobson April 6, 2016
A round up of workplace developments and legal trends to help keep HR ahead of the curve While the rest of the world focuses on things like the war in Syria, a massive refugee crisis, the US presidential election and… continue
Michael Jacobson March 9, 2016
A round up of workplace developments and legal trends to help keep HR ahead of the curve Now that the #Oscarsowhite controversy is in the rearview mirror, elite Hollywood actors and talent agencies are leading the charge for more diversity… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- Top 3 Holiday and Year-End Gift-Giving Tips for Employers December 12, 2017
- The Top 15 HR Compliance Issues of 2018 – Are You Ready? December 7, 2017
- Podcast Explores How Generation Z Is Changing the Workforce December 5, 2017
- Beyond Finance: Why Technology is The New “Must Have” Skill for HR Professionals December 4, 2017
- HR Intel: What is the HR “Link” to Blockchain Technology? November 30, 2017
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment and good point!...
- grannybunny: It's important to note that "undue hardship" in...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Lou. We appreciate your we...
- Lou charles: "For the group to qualify as a hate or extremist ...
- Ed Burch: Sounds like a snowflake tantrum to me. For years w...
absence management ACA background checks ban the box business practices contingency planning discrimination diversity EEOC employee attitudes employee benefits employee classification employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs mergers and acquisitions minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave performance management reasonable accommodations recruiting religious accommodation retaliation sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence