Archive | Talent Acquisition RSS feed for this section
Robert Teachout October 4, 2017
For the second quarter in a row, the US has a record number of unfilled job openings, even as the official unemployment rate has hovered around a 16-year low. The combination of these two facts highlights the difficult situation employers… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer September 7, 2017
I have a confession to make: I’m a millennial. Now granted, I’m an “older” millennial that remembers playing the Oregon Trail computer game as a kid, but technically I am still a member of Generation Y. We’re also known by… continue
David Weisenfeld August 17, 2017
It’s no secret that California is often at or near the forefront when it comes to new developments to expand employee protections. Sometimes, these measures become a bit of an outlier. But on many occasions, with minimum wage hikes being… continue
Robert Teachout August 1, 2017
As any Texan will tell you, “Everything is bigger in Texas!” And with an economy that would rank 10th largest in the world if Texas were a country, you are likely to interact at some point with businesses in the… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer July 25, 2017
Every organization wants to protect its assets, and employees are undoubtedly vital to any employer as one of its greatest resources. Thus, an employer will often use a noncompete agreement, which is a type of restrictive covenant designed to limit… continue
Peggy Carter-Ward July 20, 2017
Predictive Analytics. It’s the Holy Grail for the future success of HR. Oh, to be able to successfully, consistently and efficiently hire the best candidates for the right jobs! To retain top talent! To be able to identify who the… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer July 17, 2017
Do you immediately look on social media for more information on someone you just met? If you answered yes, then you’re not alone. This is a common practice for a lot of people, and many employers are jumping on the… continue
David Weisenfeld June 19, 2017
With medical marijuana now legal in 29 states and recreational marijuana use permitted in eight states plus the District of Columbia, some employers are understandably concerned about this trend, especially with a recent Quest Diagnostics report showing drug use at… continue
Melissa Silver June 1, 2017
Employers like noncompete agreements because they can restrict employees from working for a competitor not only during employment, but for a certain period of time after they leave the company. It’s an employer’s way to safeguard its position in its… continue
Michael Cardman May 15, 2017
It may be hard to believe, but summer is less than six weeks away. More than four out of every 10 employers plan to hire seasonal workers for the summer, according to a survey released last week by the job… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- 4 Practical Tips for Minimizing the Risks of Contingent Labor October 20, 2017
- Harvey Weinstein and Top Sexual Harassment Mistakes Employers Make October 18, 2017
- How HR Challenges Will Change and Transform from 2017 to 2018 October 12, 2017
- 5 Ways to Cultivate Employee Development to its Greatest Potential October 11, 2017
- 10 Employment Lessons From the Land Down Under October 9, 2017
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment and good point!...
- grannybunny: It's important to note that "undue hardship" in...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Lou. We appreciate your we...
- Lou charles: "For the group to qualify as a hate or extremist ...
- Ed Burch: Sounds like a snowflake tantrum to me. For years w...
absence management ADA background checks ban the box business practices contingency planning discrimination diversity EEOC employee attitudes employee benefits employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs mergers and acquisitions minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave performance management reasonable accommodations recruiting religious accommodation retaliation safety sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting termination of employment wage and hour workplace violence