With medical marijuana now legal in 29 states and recreational marijuana use permitted in eight states plus the District of Columbia, some employers are understandably concerned about this trend, especially with a recent Quest Diagnostics report showing drug use at… continue
Archive | Talent Acquisition RSS feed for this section
Employers like noncompete agreements because they can restrict employees from working for a competitor not only during employment, but for a certain period of time after they leave the company. It’s an employer’s way to safeguard its position in its… continue
It may be hard to believe, but summer is less than six weeks away.
More than four out of every 10 employers plan to hire seasonal workers for the summer, according to a survey released last week by the job… continue
What makes millennial workers different from those of other generations? Are they the spoiled, self-centered, instant gratification workers as sometimes portrayed, or are they the team-oriented, multi-taskers who are tech-savvy? While it’s possible they could have all of these attributes,… continue
Managers generally hire people they like who do not threaten them, notes talent management expert Josh Bersin, of Bersin by Deloitte. But the person who might be the most fun to have a beer with at the office holiday party… continue
Fake news is on everyone’s minds these days to say the least.
Susan Meisinger recently addressed the issue of HR and fake news in her Human Resource Executive column, focusing on some commonly—and widely—held beliefs about HR practice that simply… continue
No employer wants to be on the evening news for a workplace violence incident or other criminal conduct that it may have avoided by more thoroughly vetting job candidates.
But an increasing number of states and big cities are placing… continue
The widespread availability of high-speed internet and the digital platforms that run on it have transformed virtually every aspect of our lives. From paying bills to watching shows to selling attic ware, many of our transactions take place in the… continue
Ready or not, the time has come for all employers to use the new Form I-9. While employers were still permitted to use the prior form until January 21, 2017, the new form must now be used to verify the… continue
Deregulation may be in the air at the federal level, but that’s certainly not the case in many states. As the calendar turned to 2017, a host of new state employment laws took effect which go well beyond federal requirements.… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- Minimum Wage Hikes Headline Flurry of July 1 Compliance Dates June 26, 2017
- Mid-Year Employee Handbook Checkup: Get Ready for 2018 June 21, 2017
- Employer Drug Testing in the Age of Legalization June 19, 2017
- Making the Business Case for a Workplace Flexibility Program June 12, 2017
- The Heat Is On – Summer Dress Code Do’s and Don’ts June 9, 2017
- Robert Sanchez: Gambling in sports is legal in many developed coun...
- angela alma: #david your discussion is appreciated, managing em...
- Alicia Smith: Hi Henry, Thanks for your kind comments about m...
- David Weisenfeld: We use WordPress. Thanks for your interest....
- Henry @ ISL: Hi Alicia, hugely entertaining blog post. One qui...