Child Labor: Michigan
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
- Michigan's Youth Employment Standards Act regulates the employment of minors under 18 years of age.
- Michigan limits the types of jobs minors can work. See Prohibited Occupations.
- Minors' work hours are restricted, depending on their age. See Hours of Work.
- Minors are entitled to a break after working five hours. See Break Periods.
- Employers must obtain work permits for most minor employees. See Employment Certificates.