Disabilities (ADA): Delaware
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
- In addition to the federal equal opportunity laws, Delaware employers must comply with a number of state and local antidiscrimination statutes, including the Persons with Disabilities Employment Protections Act. See Disability Discrimination in Delaware.
- Delaware law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to pregnant employees. See Pregnancy Accommodation.
- Delaware employers are restricted in their ability to collect genetic information and test employees for HIV. See Genetic Testing; HIV-Related Testing.
- Delaware permits the use of medical marijuana in limited circumstances. See Delaware Medical Marijuana Act.
- The City of Wilmington has enacted its own code prohibiting employment discrimination: the Equal Opportunity in Employment and City Contracts Code. See Local Ordinances.