Disabilities (ADA): Missouri
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
- In addition to the federal equal opportunity laws, Missouri employers must comply with state and local antidiscrimination laws, including the Missouri Human Rights Act. See Disability Discrimination in Missouri.
- Missouri has a law protecting individuals with HIV infection, Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS-related complex. See Missouri Human Rights Act.
- Missouri law prohibits employers from discriminating against employees or applicants based on genetic information. See Genetic Testing.
- Missouri permits the use of medical marijuana under very limited circumstances. See Medical Marijuana.
- Several Missouri counties and cities have enacted ordinances prohibiting discrimination in employment that are broader than the Missouri Human Rights Act and Title VII. See Local Ordinances.