Disabilities (ADA): New Hampshire
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
- In addition to the federal equal opportunity laws, New Hampshire employers must comply with the state antidiscrimination law, the New Hampshire Law Against Discrimination. See Disability Discrimination in New Hampshire.
- New Hampshire expressly includes transsexualism within the definition of a disability. See The New Hampshire Law Against Discrimination.
- The New Hampshire Law Against Discrimination applies to employers employing six or more individuals. See The New Hampshire Law Against Discrimination.
- An employer must treat employees affected by pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions the same as employees affected by other temporary disabilities. See Pregnancy Accommodation.
- New Hampshire law contains a specific prohibition against performing any DNA analysis or genetic testing on individuals without that individual's informed consent. See Genetic Testing and Other Preemployment Issues.