Disabilities (ADA): Pennsylvania
- Disability Discrimination in Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania Human Relations Act
- Covered Employers
- Who Is Protected Under the PHRA?
- What is a Disability?
- Duty to Accommodate
- Required Notices
- The Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission (PHRC)
- Private Causes of Action Under the PHRA
- Civil Service Act
- Local Ordinances
- Philadelphia Ordinance
- Allegheny County Ordinance
- Future Developments
- Additional Resources
The below content should be reviewed in conjunction with the in-depth federal coverage of this topic provided above.
- In addition to the federal equal opportunity laws, Pennsylvania employers must comply with a number of state antidiscrimination laws, including the Pennsylvania Human Relations Act. See Disability Discrimination in Pennsylvania.
- Pennsylvania law prohibits discrimination in public employment and discrimination against individuals with a handicap and/or Commonwealth employees with HIV or AIDS. See Pennsylvania Human Relations Act.