The below content should be reviewed in conjunction with the in-depth federal coverage of this topic provided above.
- In addition to the federal equal opportunity laws, Wisconsin employers must comply with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act. See Disability Discrimination in Wisconsin.
- The Wisconsin Fair Employment Act is a comprehensive law that addresses discrimination in employment, as well as public accommodation, public services, housing, education, credit and business relationships. See The Wisconsin Fair Employment Act.
- Any agreement between a Wisconsin employer and another person offering employment in return for taking a genetic test is prohibited. See Genetic Testing.
- The city of Milwaukee has enacted the Milwaukee Housing and Employment Discrimination Ordinance, which prohibits employment discrimination based upon disability. See Local Ordinances.
- In addition, the city of Madison has enacted the Madison Equal Opportunities Ordinance, which prohibits discrimination against individuals with a handicap/disability. See Local Ordinances.