EEO - Discrimination: Alabama
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: J. Day Peake III, Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Age discrimination is one area that is specifically protected under state statute. It is important to be aware of how the Alabama law may affect employment practices. See Alabama Age Discrimination in Employment Act.
- Age is also protected with regard to apprenticeship and training programs. See Apprenticeship Age Protection.
- Employees with physical disability are offered state employment protection in some employment sectors. See Disability Discrimination.
- The Alabama State Personnel Board also maintains its own anti-discrimination regulations. See Personnel Board Regulations.
- State employees have some protection with regard to leave to attend religious obligations. See Work Leave for Religious Purposes.