EEO - Discrimination: Massachusetts
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
- The Massachusetts Fair Employment Law prohibits discrimination in employment. See Discrimination Under the Massachusetts Fair Employment Law.
- Massachusetts has a greater number of protected classes than federal law. See Protected Classes Under Massachusetts Law.
- Massachusetts restricts an employer's ability to question applicants and employees about their criminal record. See Criminal Record.
- Massachusetts has an equal pay law. See Massachusetts Equal Pay Law.
- Boston's antidiscrimination ordinance lists more protected classes than both the federal and statement antidiscrimination laws. See Boston Anti-Discrimination Ordinance.