The below content should be reviewed in conjunction with the in-depth federal coverage of this topic provided above.
Author: Vonde Smith, Law Offices of Vonde M. Smith, PC
- Wyoming law protects employees from unfair discrimination in all phases of employment. See Wyoming Fair Employment Practices Act.
- Wyoming also prohibits discrimination in pay because of sex and discrimination against an individual because of his or her membership or participation in the military. See Other Laws Prohibiting Discrimination
- There are strict time limits in which an individual must file a claim of discrimination in Wyoming. See Enforcement Through WDWS-LSD/Judicial Proceedings.
- Wyoming requires all claims of discrimination to be filed with the WDWS-LSD prior to filing suit. See Enforcement Through WDWS-LSD/Judicial Proceedings.
- Remedies available under the WFEPA include sanctions for violation of Wyoming Employment laws, including discrimination laws, reimbursement of expenses, reinstatement, back pay, and other legal and equitable relief. See Remedies.