Employee Classification: Texas
- Minimum Wage Exemptions
- Executives, Administrators and Professionals
- Outside Salespersons
- Religious Employees
- Boy Scouts or Girl Scouts Employees
- Camp Employees
- Foster Parents
- Public Officials
- Domestic Employees
- Certain Youths
- Certain Family Members
- Employees of Amusement and Recreational Establishments
- Employees of Employers Not Contributing to Unemployment
- Agricultural Employees
- Employees of Sheltered Workshops
- Future Developments
The below content should be reviewed in conjunction with the in-depth federal coverage of this topic provided above.
Author: Cory Halliburton, Weycer, Kaplan, Pulaski & Zuber, PC
- Texas has many exemptions to state minimum wage requirements. See Minimum Wage Exemptions.
- Texas has no overtime requirements; as a result, there are no overtime exemptions.
- Careful attention should be given to employee job descriptions and classifications so as to comply with Texas' minimum wage requirements and to utilize exemptions where possible.