Employee Communications: Georgia
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: C. R. Wright, Fisher Phillips
- Georgia has one of the strongest presumptions of employment-at-will. See Communicating Employer Expectations and Work Rules.
- Georgia law requires employers to post notices regarding unemployment insurance, vacation, equal pay and workers' compensation information. See Communications in Postings Required by Georgia Law.
- Georgia allows the use of restrictive covenants in employment agreements. See Communicating Sensitive Information.
- Georgia employers have qualified immunity when providing job references. See Reference Checks.
- Georgia restricts certain uses of mobile devices while driving. See Restricting Employee Communications; Use of Mobile Devices.