Employee Communications: Virginia
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: Amanda R. Gregurich
- Virginia requires specific postings in the workplace. See Required Postings.
- Virginia is an employment at-will state. See Employment At-Will.
- In Virginia, restrictive covenants, or covenants not to compete, are disfavored restraints on trade. See Noncompete Agreements.
- Virginia has adopted the Uniform Trade Secrets Act (VUTSA). See Trade Secrets.
- Certain employee communications, such as whistleblowing, are protected activities under Virginia law. See Whistleblowing.
- Virginia courts recognize defamation claims. See Defamation.
- Virginia employers may not engage in blacklisting. See Blacklisting.
- Virginia laws restrict the use of mobile devices while driving. See Use of Mobile Devices.