Employee Privacy: Louisiana
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: David M. Korn Phelps Dunbar LLP
- There is a right to privacy in Louisiana. See Right to Privacy in Louisiana.
- The Louisiana Electronic Surveillance Act is a statute which prohibits employers from utilizing unauthorized electronic surveillance methods. See Louisiana Electronic Surveillance Act.
- Louisiana has statutes governing the methods and costs of preemployment inquiries. See Preemployment Inquiries.
- Louisiana has a statute governing the pre-hire and post-hire drug testing of employees. See Drug Testing.
- Louisiana has a law regarding data breach security. See Data Breach Security.