Employee Privacy: Missouri
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
- Missouri recognizes the tort of invasion of privacy. See Common Law Invasion of Privacy.
- Missouri law requires that at least one party to a wire communication consent to the recording or interception of the communication. See Telephone and Other Electronic Surveillance (Wiretapping).
- Employees and applicants may not be discriminated against or penalized for use of lawful products such as alcohol and tobacco during non-working hours. See Drug and Alcohol Use and Testing.
- Missouri Law addresses genetic testing. See Genetic Testing.
- Missouri law requires an employer to provide a service letter to a current or former employee upon demand. See Job References.