Authors: Carl I. Greenberg, Pragmatic HR Consulting; Rita Van Vranken, PeopleADVANTAGE
- Employers can diagnose, predict and control employee turnover to reduce business costs. See Factors Affecting Employee Turnover.
- Creating a strategy that addresses both voluntary and involuntary turnover requires the measuring, monitoring and evaluating of policies and processes that directly or indirectly affect employees' decisions to leave an organization. See Creating a Retention Strategy.
- Best practices to curb turnover focus on all HR processes and create a high performance and engaging culture, which fosters employee commitment. Employ industry best practices to increase employee retention. See Best Practices.
- Mergers and acquisitions can have a significant impact on employees as the two separate entities integrate into one. See Retention Challenges Regarding Mergers and Acquisitions.
- Involuntary terminations can affect the morale of the remaining employees, especially key talent. See Retention Challenges Regarding Involuntary Turnover.