The below content should be reviewed in conjunction with the in-depth federal coverage of this topic provided above.
Author: Susan A. P. Woodhouse, Littler Mendelson, PC
- Pennsylvania currently does not require state family and medical leave for employees of private sector employers. See Family and Medical Leave.
- If an employer provides leave for temporary disabilities, it also must provide leave for pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions. See Pregnancy Disability Leave.
- The Philadelphia Fair Practices Ordinance now includes reasonable accommodation requirements for pregnant employees. See Philadelphia Fair Practices Ordinance.
- If an employer has a policy that allows female employees to take time off following the birth of a child the same leave must be made available to male employees. See Paternity Leave.
- The City of Philadelphia has enacted sick leave ordinances. See Philadelphia Sick Leave Ordinances.