Health Care Benefits: Alaska
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: Patricia A. Morley, Research and Writing Associates, LLC
- Alaska chose not to establish a state-based Marketplace under the Affordable Care Act. See Health Insurance Marketplaces Under the ACA.
- Same-sex marriage is legal nationwide. See Same-Sex Partner Benefits.
- Group health plans in Alaska must include coverage for certain maternity and newborn/adopted child coverage. See Maternity and Newborn/Adopted Child Coverage.
- Health plans in Alaska must provide coverage for alcoholism and drug abuse treatments. See Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Coverage.
- Group health plans must provide coverage for specified providers. See Coverage for Specified Providers.
- Health plans must provide coverage for certain cancer screenings. See Coverage for Cancer Screenings.
- Certain coverage for children and dependents must be provided. See Coverage for Children and Dependents.