Health Care Benefits: Delaware
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: Patricia A. Morley, Research and Writing Associates
- Delaware chose to establish a state-federal partnership Marketplace under the Affordable Care Act. See Health Insurance Marketplaces Under the ACA.
- Same-sex marriage is legal in Delaware. See Same-Sex Partner Benefits.
- Group health plans in Delaware must include certain maternity and dependent coverage. See Maternity and Dependent Coverage.
- Health plans in Delaware must include coverage for mental health and substance abuse treatments and provide mental health and substance abuse parity. See Mental Health and Substance Abuse Coverage.
- Group health plans must provide coverage for certain specified providers. See Coverage for Specified Providers.
- Health plans that cover mastectomies must also cover reconstructive breast surgery. See Reconstructive Breast Surgery.
- Health plans must provide coverage for certain illnesses, diseases and services. See Diabetes; Contraceptive Services; Emergency Services; Inherited Metabolic Diseases.
- Plans issued in Delaware must provide coverage for particular types of medical devices and prostheses. See Medical Devices and Prostheses.
- Certain coverage with regard to children and dependents is mandatory. See Coverage for Children and Dependents.
- Health plans in Delaware must cover certain forms of cancer screening. See Mandatory Cancer Screening.