Health Care Benefits: Idaho
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: Scott Randolph, Holland & Hart, LLP
- Idaho chose to establish a state-based Marketplace under the Affordable Care Act. See Health Insurance Marketplaces Under the ACA.
- Same-sex marriage is legal in Idaho. See Same-Sex Partner Benefits.
- Small employers in Idaho (two to 50 employees) are eligible to purchase small group plans. See Health Coverage for Small Employers.
- Group health plans must provide for certain maternity and dependent coverage. See Maternity and Dependent Coverage.
- Health plans that provide coverage for mastectomies must provide coverage for mammograms. See Mammogram Coverage.
- Managed care plans are prohibited from discriminating against individuals for certain reasons. See Prohibition on Discrimination.
Unless otherwise indicated, the term policy means a policy of insurance issued by an insurer licensed to do business in Idaho. It does not include self-insured employer health plans.