Health Care Benefits: Minnesota
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: Kathi J. Wright, Gray Plant Mooty
- Minnesota chose to establish a state-based Marketplace under the Affordable Care Act. See Health Insurance Marketplaces Under the ACA.
- Same-sex marriage is legal in Minnesota. See Same-Sex Partner Benefits.
- Minnesota recognizes three types of qualified plans. See Types of Qualified Plans.
- Qualified plans in Minnesota are required to cover certain individuals and provide certain benefits. See Covered Benefit Requirements.
- Qualified plans must also provide expanded coverage rights: See Expanded Coverage Rights.
- Qualified plans must also provide specific dependent care coverage. See Dependent Coverage Requirements.