Hours Worked: Nevada
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
- Nevada broadly requires that employers pay employees their required wages for "each hour" the employee works. See Overview.
- Nevada does not allow employers to disregard de minimis time or to round employees' starting and stopping times. See De Minimis Time and Rounding.
- In most circumstances Nevada employees must be given an unpaid meal break and paid rest breaks. See Break Periods.
- For private employers, travel time is compensable hours worked under certain conditions. See Travel Time.
- Training required by the employer is always considered hours worked. See Training Time.
- Special working time provisions apply to employees of the State of Nevada. See Public Employees.