Hours Worked: North Dakota
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
- Employers must offer employees unpaid meal breaks under certain conditions. Retail employees also are entitled to at least 24 hours off during each seven-day period. See Break Periods.
- Certain travel time counts as hours worked. See Travel Time.
- Generally, time during which employees are required to respond to a beeper while on call is not considered hours worked. See Waiting Time and On-Call Time.
- Attendance at training, lectures or meetings is considered hours worked unless certain conditions are met. See Training, Lectures and Meetings.
- In some cases, employees who work shifts of 24 hours or more can agree that sleeping time will not count as hours worked. See Sleeping.