Hours Worked: Oklahoma
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: Amy Sellars, Crowe & Dunlevy
- Oklahoma has very few laws governing hours worked; instead, federal laws apply. See Hours Worked.
- Employers must provide rest breaks to children under the age of 16 if they work a certain amount of time. See Break Periods.
- Employers must provide break time to accommodate any employee who wishes to express breast milk for the employee's infant child. See Break Periods.
- Employers must pay for training time under certain circumstances. See Training, Lectures and Meetings.
- Employees are prohibited from performing certain types of work on Sunday. See Day of Rest.