HR and Workplace Safety: Alaska
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: Leanne Coffman
- Alaska has a federally approved State Plan, which covers private and public sector employers. See Compliance Overview.
- Alaska has created various state-specific rules for workplace safety and health. See Additional State-Specific Compliance Requirements.
- There is a two-year statute of limitations in Alaska for individuals to sue for personal injuries. See Statute of Limitations for Toxic Chemicals.
- The state has enacted laws that make texting and driving a primary offense for all drivers. See Driving Policies.
- Alaska does not have mandatory drug-testing laws, but if employers choose to conduct drug testing, they must comply with various voluntary drug testing rules. See Drug and Alcohol Testing as a Safety Measure.