HR and Workplace Safety: Connecticut
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: Leanne Coffman, The Safety Training Solution LLC
- Federal OSHA has jurisdiction over private sector employers in Connecticut. See Overview: Connecticut OSHA.
- Connecticut also has a federally approved State Plan, which applies to only to public sector employers, such as municipal and state workplaces. See CONN-OSHA.
- Under Connecticut general statutes, certain employers are required to create workplace safety and health committees. See Additional State-Specific Compliance Requirements.
- Connecticut strictly enforces and bans texting and the use of electronic handheld devices while driving. See Driving Policies.
- The state has very specific requirements for drug testing, including post-accident and random testing. See Drug and Alcohol Testing as a Safety Measure.