HR and Workplace Safety: Indiana
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
- Indiana is a State Plan state. See Indiana OSH Act.
- Employers and employees have affirmative duties under the Indiana OSH Act. See Employer and Employee Duties.
- Indiana adopts the federal OSHA standards verbatim. See Standards.
- The Indiana Board of Safety Review adjudicates Indiana OSH Act disputes. See The Indiana Board of Safety Review.
- The Indiana OSH Act penalizes knowing violations whereas the federal OSH Act penalizes willful violations. See Knowing Violations of the Indiana OSH Act.
- Indiana's compliance programs mirror their federal counterparts. See Compliance Programs.