HR and Workplace Safety: Louisiana
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: Leanne Coffman
- Louisiana operates under the jurisdiction of federal OSHA for private industry employers.
- Louisiana has state-specific safety provisions that apply to public sector workers. See Louisiana Loss Prevention Program.
- The state mandates a comprehensive workplace safety program for public and private sector employees. See Workplace Safety Plan.
- Louisiana strictly enforces and bans texting while driving. See Driving Policies.
- Drug testing is permitted in Louisiana. See Drug and Alcohol Testing as a Safety Measure.