HR and Workplace Safety: Maine
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: Leanne Coffman, The Safety Training Solution LLC
- The federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) governs private sector safety and health in Maine workplaces. See Federal OSHA.
- The state has enacted additional workplace safety requirements that apply to all employers. See Additional State-Specific Compliance Requirements.
- Maine has a six-year statute of limitations for individuals to sue for personal injuries. See Toxic Chemicals.
- Maine has created distracted driving laws that make texting and driving a primary offense for all drivers. See Driving Policies.
- Maine has comprehensive drug and alcohol testing laws governing employers. See Drug and Alcohol Testing as a Safety Measure.