HR and Workplace Safety: North Carolina
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: Leanne Coffman
- North Carolina has a federally approved State Plan governing the safety and health of workers. See Overview.
- North Carolina has created safety standards that are more protective than federal standards. See Additional State-Specific Compliance Requirements.
- North Carolina has a three-year statute of limitations for individuals to sue for personal injuries. See Statute of Limitations.
- Several North Carolina laws place restrictions on cell phone usage while operating a motor vehicle. See Driving Policies.
- North Carolina has drug testing laws that set procedural standards that employers must follow when performing employee and applicant drug testing. See Drug and Alcohol Testing as a Safety Measure.