Interviewing and Selecting Job Candidates: Arizona
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
- Arizona employers with 15 or more employees who worked 20 or more weeks in the last year must comply with the state's employment discrimination law. See Arizona Civil Rights Act.
- Phoenix and Tucson both go beyond Arizona and federal law in protecting job applicants and employees. See Local Discrimination Laws.
- Arizona employers must not keep a National Guard member from seeking employment in their trade, occupation or profession. See Military Service.
- The prohibition against disability discrimination includes preemployment medical inquiries. See Medical Examinations and Inquiries.
- Arizona regulates the hiring or appointment of relatives by public employers. See Nepotism.
- Arizona goes beyond federal law in mandating what an employer must do to confirm an employee's immigration status at hiring. See Immigration Status - E-Verify.