Interviewing and Selecting Job Candidates: Wyoming
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: Vonde Smith, Law Offices of Vonde M. Smith, PC
- Adherence to a uniform interview and selection process minimizes liability for discrimination claims.
- Wyoming's antidiscrimination law follows the federal statute. Hence, questions disallowed under federal law should be avoided in Wyoming. See Wyoming Antidiscrimination Law.
- Questions regarding tobacco use should be avoided in interviews and applications. See Smokers' Rights.
- A Wyoming-specific disclaimer in application materials will help preserve at-will employment status. See Applications.
- Before making promises during job interviews, Wyoming employers should be aware that state law recognizes implied contracts of employment. See Implied Contracts.