Legally Required Benefits: Illinois
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
- Unemployment insurance provides partial wage replacement to unemployed workers while they conduct an active search for work. Most employers are subject to Illinois' Unemployment Insurance Act. See Illinois Unemployment Insurance.
- Some individuals may not be eligible to receive unemployment benefits. See Illinois Unemployment Insurance.
- Unemployment benefits will generally continue for up to 26 weeks. See Benefits.
- Claimants must meet certain requirements in order to be eligible for unemployment benefits. See Eligibility.
- Employers must follow certain recordkeeping and posting requirements. See Recordkeeping Requirements; Posting Requirement.