Minimum Wage: Oklahoma
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: Amy Sellars, Crowe & Dunlevy
Updating Author: Michael Cardman, XpertHR Legal Editor
- Oklahoma's minimum wage is tied to the federal minimum wage. See Minimum Wage.
- Oklahoma's minimum wage laws to do not apply to certain employers. See Employer Coverage.
- There are certain exceptions to the minimum wage requirement. See Deductions Below the Minimum Wage.
- Oklahoma permits payment of subminimum wages, but the Commissioner of Labor has not issued regulations. See Subminimum Wages.
- Municipalities are forbidden from establishing their own local minimum wages. See Local Minimum Wages.