Other Leaves: Idaho
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
- Idaho does not have family or medical leave entitlements beyond the federal FMLA. See Family, Medical and Pregnancy Leave.
- Pregnancy-related disability must be treated the same as other temporary conditions regarding sick leave and other benefits. See Family, Medical and Pregnancy Leave.
- Private employers are not required to grant sick leave, although care should be taken regarding employees with disabilities injured on the job. See Vacation and Sick Leave.
- Idaho law does not require paid vacation leave; however, if paid vacation is provided, it may be considered wages under the wage payment laws and should be paid accordingly upon termination. See Vacation and Sick Leave.
- Private employers are prohibited from terminating employees for taking jury duty leave. See Jury Duty Leave.
- Similar to federal law under USERRA, all Idaho employers, public and private, must grant leave to employees who are enlisted in the Idaho or other National Guard and who are called to duty. See Military Leave.