Other Leaves: Indiana
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
- Employees in Indiana may take leave pursuant to their civil air patrol duties. See Civil Air Patrol.
- Employees may also take leave to fulfill their volunteer emergency services obligations. See Emergency Responder Leave.
- Employees are entitled to leave while serving as a member of a mobile support unit during a disaster or other event that requires emergency action. See Mobile Support Unit Leave.
- Employees may not be terminated for receiving or responding to a subpoena in a criminal proceeding. See Witness Leave.
- Indiana law generally prohibits municipalities from enacting their own leave laws. See Limitation on Local Leave Laws.