Other Leaves: Iowa
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
- An Iowa employer must treat pregnancy-related disabilities as temporary disabilities for all work-related purposes, which includes providing up to eight weeks of leave. See Pregnancy Leave.
- An employer may not terminate, threaten or coerce an employee with respect to his or her employment, because the employee receives a notice to report for jury service, reports for jury service, attends court for prospective jury service or serves as a juror. In addition, under some circumstances, employees are entitled to leave to serve as a witness. See Jury and Witness Duty Leave.
- Certain employers must provide leave to employees who are elected officials to allow the elected official to perform his or her duties. See Elected Official Leave.
- Volunteer emergency responders, such as volunteer firefighters, also may be entitled to leave. See Emergency Responder's Leave.
- An employer must provide employees time off to vote. See Voting Time.