Other Leaves: New Hampshire
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
Author: Diana K. Wieland, Sheehan, Phinney, Bass + Green PA
- New Hampshire law mandates leave for women due to pregnancy, childbirth and related conditions. See Pregnancy Disability Leave.
- New Hampshire employers with 25 or more employees must provide leave to crime victims to attend court or other proceedings related to the crime. See Crime Victim Employment Leave Act.
- New Hampshire prohibits discrimination against members of the state's National Guard, state guard or militia. See Military Leave.
- New Hampshire employers must grant leave to assist in the emergency to their employees who are firefighters, rescue squad workers and emergency medical services members. See Emergency Services Leave.
- Like many states, New Hampshire prohibits discrimination against an employee because he or she is a juror or a prospective juror. See Jury Duty.