Other Leaves: Oklahoma
Federal law and guidance on this subject should be reviewed together with this section.
- In addition to the leave provided by federal law, several types of leave are available to Oklahoma employees. See Leaves of Absence - Oklahoma.
- Oklahoma does not have a state family and medical leave law for private sector employees. See Family and Medical Leaves of Absence.
- Employers may not take adverse action (e.g., termination, discipline) against any employee who is summoned to serve as a juror and notifies the employer of such summons within a reasonable period of time after receipt. See Jury Duty Leave.
- If an employee is registered to vote, an employer must grant that employee two consecutive hours of time when the polls are open in order to vote. See Voting Leave.
- Oklahoma law requires that private employers provide their employees with a leave of absence from employment for the period of the employee's military service. See Military Leave.
- Oklahoma law generally prohibits municipalities from enacting their own vacation and sick leave laws. See Limitation on Local Leave Laws.